Last updated: May 29, 2018
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (the "GDPR"), Left Lane Digital ("we" or "us") is the data controller and responsible for your personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use different methods to collect personal information from and about you including through:
- Personal information you give us. If you choose to use our services or request that we send information to you, you may be asked to supply personal information (such as your name, title, company name, industry, address, email address, and telephone numbers). For example, we use forms on this Site to allow you to contact us directly via email. We use the information provided in your email to respond to your questions or comments. We may also store your comments for future reference. Similarly, we use the information you choose to provide us to allow you to receive e-mail newsletters, or receive further information about our products, services, or events. Providing this information is completely voluntary; we do not collect personal information from you unless you provide it to us.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To confirm your identity;
- To respond to your questions and provide related customer services;
- To detect and prevent fraud or other financial crime;
- To monitor and protect the security of our information, systems and network;
- For internal business intelligence purposes, to conduct research, product development and enhancement;
- To inform you of changes made to our Site and other services;
- To conduct marketing and commercial activities and to market relevant offers and promotions to you;
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- To display content based on your interests;
- Enable you to search information on our Site;
- Assess your needs and interests in order to better tailor offers and/or advertising; and
- Improve our Site.
WHO WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We may share your personal information with third party intermediaries for the purpose of providing you the services and information you request. For example, we may provide your personal information to vendors processing our outbound email communication or to shipping companies (e.g., FedEx, U.S. Mail, etc.) to deliver you the materials you request.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Naturally, if we are required by court order, a lawfully issued subpoena, or are otherwise required by law, we will disclose your information to the extent so required. We are headquartered in the United States of America. Your personal information will be accessed by us or transferred to us in the US and will be accessed by our US-based employees. If you are visiting our Site from outside the US, be aware that your personal information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the USA where our servers are located, and our central database is operated. By using our Site, you consent to this transfer of your personal information.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR INFORMATION
Should you wish to update the information submitted, you can update your information by emailing email@example.com.
HOW WE NOTIFY YOU OF CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
YOUR EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
For European residents only.
We collect and process personal information about you only where we have legal basis for doing so under applicable data protection law, including under the GDPR. The legal bases will depend on the purpose for which we process your personal information. This means we collect and use your personal information only where:
- We need it to provide the you services, including to operate the Site, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Site;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your rights and interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Site and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your personal information to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of personal information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time.
We may use your email address to send you newsletter or marketing emails. We will ask for your consent in line with the applicable law when you first provide your personal information. You can opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In certain circumstances, you have rights under the GDPR in relation to your personal information.
- Request access to your personal information. You may have the right to request access to any personal information we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal information, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal information has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal information will be stored, the source of the personal information, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- Request correction of your personal information. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. You may have the right to request that personal information held about you is deleted.
- Request restriction of processing your personal information. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your personal information.
- Request transfer of your personal information. You may have the right to request transfer of personal information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
It is commonly known that information transferred over the Internet is never 100% secure. For example, such information may be viewed by a third party while in transit or may be unlawfully accessed by a third party who hacks into an otherwise protected computer. Consequently, although we endeavor to protect the privacy of your private information, you acknowledge that there are security and confidentiality risks associated with the Internet which are beyond our control and that the safekeeping of information exchanged between us over the Internet cannot be absolutely guaranteed.
FOR MORE INFORMATION